Our LGBTQ-affirming healthcare network will now list Housing Works providers in its online directory.
Lighthouse and Housing Works are proud to partner in an effort to increase access to LGBTQ friendly care in New York City. Housing Works is a well-established nonprofit dedicated to fighting AIDS and homelessness in the New York City area and beyond. As a part of their mission to provide high-quality medical and other essential services to the LGBTQ+ community, they have three full-service clinics in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and East New York. All of these clinics will be listed in the Lighthouse directory, thereby expanding the reach and impact of both organizations. This expansion aims to help meet a common goal of providing the LGBTQ+ community with attentive and comprehensive care.
Who are the Housing Works Providers?
Housing Works has twenty five providers spread out across their three community healthcare clinics. All of these providers are now live on the Lighthouse directory, including a wide range of in-network options for psychiatry, primary care, dental, gastroenterology, and psychotherapy.
Housing Works accepts most forms of payment and insurance, and works with sliding scale payment plans to ensure that no one will be turned away for lack of resources. Both organizations are proud to provide inclusive and quality care for gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans, and queer identifying people in the New York City area.
Services Offered by These Providers
The core of Housing Works and Lighthouse’s mission is to ensure that the LGBTQ+ community receives adequate care specific to its needs. As a result, individuals will have access to a full range of services, including:
- PEP/PrEP: People who are at higher risk of contracting the HIV virus can consult with a doctor in order to receive a PEP/PrEP prescription.
- Hormone therapy: Transgender individuals will have access to necessary medical assistance.
- HIV/AIDS care and testing: Full access to HIV and AIDS testing is available, as well as medical treatment for those affected by it.
- STI testing: People can come in for routine or periodic testing for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Insurance navigation: People who need help understanding their insurance can receive a walkthrough of their plan.
- Referrals: If someone cannot find the care they need within the Housing Works clinics, Housing Works offers referrals to other providers who can meet that person’s needs. You can also search through other Lighthouse healthcare providers.
This partnership promises to bring a positive impact to its communities. Visit the Housing Works Community Healthcare website if you’d like to learn more about the Housing Works clinics, or head to the Lighthouse homepage and search for Housing Works — the full list of new providers will now appear in your search results.